Monday 2 February 2015

Net Worth January 2015

This month I put a further $4000 into shares, (Although I did dip into my emergency fund to buy them). Also had a few major expenses this month like having to pay for car rego as well as insurance.

I have promised myself that the next lot of shares will be in VGS in order to give myself some overseas diversification !

Here's the breakdown of the shares for the end on January:








So my net worth at the end of January is:

Assets: $13,600 in Shares of AFI, CCL, CTN & MPL
             $500 rainy day fund sitting in a Ubank online saver earning 4%

Liabilities: $0 (yay for living with parents!)

Net Worth: $14,100

4 comments:

  1. Hey Financial Rookie - congratulations! Great to see you keeping up with the net worth posts!

    Had a question - that 'rainy day' fund...are you keeping it for a rainy day or is it just an excess cash fund? Was just curious as I'm setting one up at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 90million ! Hopefully will be good to look back at a later time in life to see how far I've come !

      Mainly saved for a rainy day though, I originally had $3000 but realised it was a bit too much for me in my situation. So just going to keep enough incase I crashed my car and had to pay the insurance excess (Which is around $1000 and will build it up over the next few weeks) and that should (hopefully) be enough for me.

      Not going to lie it is nice having a safety cushion incase something was to go wrong :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah I love looking through my old posts and seeing where I thought I would be and where I have ended up. Set up an excel file to keep track of everything you are posting up on your blog - it will be much easier to look through once you have more than about 10 months worth of posts :)

      Delete
    3. Good idea about the excel file ! aha yeah will be a lot easier to look up and keep track of my net worth. Cheers heaps !

      Delete