Friday 16 January 2015

Financial Goals for 2015

Was going to list all my goals for 2015, then realised this is a personal finance blog so nobody cares.

So my finance goals for 2015 are:

1. Have $20,000 invested and diversified in the share market by the end of the year.

2. Read more books about finance and investing, specifically: The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley & The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason. Book I am currently reading is The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing by Michael LeBoeuf, will give a review once I'm finished!

3. Enjoy my overseas travel, but not spend so much this time !

4. Find another source of income! Can be anything, from being paid to play footy or being paid to take surveys. Just find a 2nd source of income.

5. Spend less money at the pub :(

Simple & Straight forward goals

Good luck to everyone else in 2015 !

5 comments:

  1. Financial Rookie,

    I'm not sure if my comment is going through? No notification..just blanks out. Also no URL option?

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DM,
      Sorry about that :( I'll try get it fixed now !
      Cheers :)

      Delete
  2. I wrote a lengthy comment, but it looks like it disappeared.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Financial Rookie - love the goals. One comment - I found that goals are much are easier to achieve if they are concrete and trackable.

    For example instead of 'spend less money at the pub' say 'spend no more than x per week at the pub'. I found it helps keep your eye on the ball.

    But great goals regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey 90million that's a good point ! It would definitely keep me in line, I'll edit that in thanks !

      Delete